Pages

January 6, 2009

Small Space Quilting ~ Cutting

My older posts about carving out quilting space in our 35' 5th wheel trailer can be found here. Scroll down the new page that opens to see the progress.

I have a kitchen cutting board that fits perfectly into one side of the double sink. With a rotary mat on top it is a good cutting solution for smaller projects. If I needed or wanted to make longer cuts I can move the sink cover cutting board to the left side of the sink to hold the folded fabric, and put a larger mat on the counter to the left.


Or another solution I've considered is making a board that covers the sink area completely. A definite possibility if we ever decide to full time RV.

I'm preparing our home to go on the market in the next month or two. When (please please) it sells I will most certainly be living full time in the RV at our farm until a house is built and it doesn't give me a moments worth of stress. I know I can quilt there with no problems with the solutions I've put in place. Ironing and tools of the trade will be posted before long~

Tuesday Thankies
The RV washer and dryer work like a dream
A day inside to work in the Big quilt room at home
Red Rose Tea and my new china leopard print mug

6 comments:

Fabric Fanatic said...

I have no doubt that you will continue to find a way to flex your passion no matter what size the space you find yourself in. So far, so good! I look forward to following along.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Looks like you've got a plan in place. That is quite a nice sewing space. The best of luck in selling the house.

BizarreQuilter said...

You _are_ being a good guide aren't you? Preparing for that time... will you tell us about the dream home you want to build???

Rose Marie said...

My hat is off to you for dealing with a small space and how you have accommodated your tools to make it work for you!
www.appliqueandpatches.blogspot.com

The Numismatist said...

Hey, how's it going up there? Are you staying afloat? Every time the news comes on I think about you!

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Well, we've come out the other side safe, but it was very bad at the farm, we had a lot of dangerous and frightening times. We didn't lose any live stock but they were belly deep in water for about 36 hours; but all the bee hives were washed away and that makes me very sad because bees are in such short supply anyway. Thanks for thinking of us, fortunately our 5th wheel and Rob's folks place are on a little knob, which became a little island... Sharyn