Pages

June 19, 2008

Driving my Janome to the coast

My beloved Janome likes to drive with it's window open. So it and I were driving along Thread Boulevard one day and I asked if it would mind if I changed the scenery to something besides the embroidery stitch chart. Janome was pleased with the idea so now we have gorgeous interchangeable sights while we stitch. This one is the view south from Cape Meres Lighthouse near Tillamook Oregon using the panorama setting on my Canon Elph 35mm camera.

Speaking of the embroidery chart, when I first got the machine I stitched out all the stitches
on muslin and I have the piece hanging above my machine sewing area. I starched the bejabbers out of the fabric first to stabilize it; it was fun to do, and has saved me a lot of time testing to see what the stitches really look like for projects.
The piece below it is from a class on Crazy Quilt stitches done on cross-stitch fabric. I thought it was so pretty it has had pride of place for 20 or more years. It is also the only embroidery I've ever done worth showing. I am, without doubt, the world's worst embroiderer, bar none. I inherited a complete selection of all the DMC floss, neatly carded and living in a commercial DMC box. I look at it wistfully, but I know better than to try, I am really hopeless.

No comments: