Pages

March 9, 2010

Ruffles Have Ridges...And...


Selvages/Selvedges!!! My life is complete...wonder how many bags it would take to make a checkbook cover out of the top edges?

I also got to wondering if I've been alone too much, after I said earlier when I'm feeling blue I go down and listen to the chickens tell stories. So, info junkie that I am I looked around and found this as the first post of a looong thread on a chicken forum...names have been changed to protect the Innocent of course..."I have a house chicken named Babby. I love her dearly. I have come to realize that there are "others" out there too. I was thinking that we needed a place to chat. A place that is safe, where we won't be judged that our chickens are sitting on the couch with us eating grapes..." I laughed 'till my eyes squirted. It never crossed my mind, but now that it has...

Tuesday Thankies
Noodles
Cinnamon
Robins

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder if you can train chickens not to poop on the couch ....... they do a wonderful job of spreading it around everywhere else they go!

Judy B

Lady Farmer said...

It all seems perfectly normal to me!
And if you promise not to tell those "other" type of people, I gave my dear old Granny chicken 'mouth to beak' resusitation (or at least I tried) when I found her crumpled under a gate that had blown over and landed squarely on her head. I hated to see her go especially at 13 and still laying eggs nearly every day. Perhaps I should have written that at a 'safe' chicken forum that Babby's 'Mother' writes about! :>

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Sometimes I just don't have any words to comment - this is too funny and I'm left speechless. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hiya Sharyn - it's GeorgiePorgie. I read your post about Selvedges and thought you'd like this:

http://vintagericrac.blogspot.com/2008/10/big-selvedge-project.html

It's on one of the blogs I follow.

Anya said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I tried to answer you directly, but your profile is set to "no reply". I'm curious about your "Two Sides of Jane...did you post a photo anywhere?