Pages

April 11, 2010

Thoughts on Home Hospice

There is no such thing as enough sleep.
There is no good way to talk about death to the dying.
The dying can and do refuse food and water. It's ok...it is the only thing in what remains of their life they have any control over.
Someone should have told us about mouth swabs before this.
Pop-up wipes are far better than tray wipes, speed is often of the essence.
People who can't stand on their own are Very heavy.
What to do with soiled security underwear is a big problem, before you know it you have a lot to deal with.
True colors and true hearts are all that remain.
Applesauce is a blessing.
Crystal Light is great for diabetics.
Always have a stitchers busy-bag at hand
When you run out of everything else, place head on bed and close eyes. Rest is where you find it.

Sunday Thankies
My little hens have been coming up to the house looking for me (((hugs chickens)))
Sunshine creating a walking opportunity for MIL
Lambs fleece and zinc salves
This spot, my last resort in ordering my thoughts

6 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

What a blessing you are to your dear FIL! And to the rest of the family, too! I so admire you for your gift of time to them. So many would not.
Blessings!

Quiltin Jenny said...

Please know that my prayers for peace, patience, and strength are with you always.

Thank you for sharing this intimate time in your life.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

My heart is with you on this journey. You will find rest when you can.

The Numismatist said...

Peace to you and your family.

Pam said...

I wish I could be there with you.
Keeping all of you close to my heart

Anonymous said...

peace and goodwill are sent to you in this time of your life. Having watched my own father go through this time of his life I can attest to the great thing you are doing for your family.
Robin in Kelso, WA